Another pine, this time JBP that I’ve had since bought as a seedling online four or five years ago. Again, I’d like this to be literati which is why it has been growing in the box and remains slender. I’d like to beef up the bottom some more so I decided to pluck out extra buds from the top and remove a lot of needles from the upper trunk. There is a decent sized bud at the bottom which I’d like to encourage next year. Some slight inverse taper is beginning to appear at the point where you can see a set of ‘handlebar’ branches in the lower half. I decided to remove one of them. At some point over the winter I’ll wire the trunk to make it more interesting. A long way to go with this one before the bark matures and fissures – I may try and speed things up next year by wrapping it moss.